The months spent planning for and then welcoming a new little bundle of joy are filled with exciting, and sometimes slightly overwhelming, experiences. We understand. That’s why The Birthplace at St. Joseph Hospital offers complimentary prenatal and breastfeeding classes - to help parents prepare for baby and transition into parenthood.
Learn more about caring for yourself and baby during and after pregnancy.
Call (260) 425-3280(260) 425-3280 today to register for classes at St. Joseph Hospital.
Birthplace classes address:
- When to call the doctor
- What to take to the hospital
- What to expect at the hospital
- Labor and delivery
- Preterm labor
- Signs, symptoms and warning signs
- What to do if you think you’re in labor
- Stages of labor
- Pain management
- Breastfeeding/formula feeding
- Prenatal breast preparation
- Positioning/latching on
- Signs of a successful feeding
- Pumping and storing breast milk
- Problems and interventions
- Caring for baby
- How to care for yourself after delivery and at home