2017 RediMed 4 Wellness Summer Series begins with a half- and one-mile race for elementary students
First race to benefit wellness programs at schools of participating students
NEW HAVEN, Ind. (Thursday, April 27, 2017) – The New Haven Parks & Recreation department is partnering with RediMed and Fort4Fitness to help build healthier families and communities. The first event in the 2017 series, the RediMed Elementary ½ Mile & 1 Mile Run 4 Wellness, will be held at 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 11, at New Haven High School.
The RediMed Elementary ½ Mile & 1 Mile Run 4 Wellness is a simple, effective opportunity for schools in Allen County and surrounding areas to earn funds for wellness programming and to help kids and teens develop an appreciation for being active.
“The goal is for more children to be active and for local schools to take advantage of this opportunity,” said Mike Clendenen, superintendent, New Haven Parks & Recreation. “The more students who participate the more wellness dollars earned for each school, so there are two ways to earn funding for the school—per student and the top three participating schools.”
How it works:
• Any child in grades PreK-6 may register to participate at RunSignUp.com.
• The cost per registration is $15 (which includes event t-shirt and participation ribbon) or $13 if the child is already signed up for the 2017 Fort4Fitness Kids Marathon at Fort4Fitness.org.
• For each child who registers, $3 will be given to the child’s school wellness program.
• The top three schools with the highest percentage of participation will receive $300, $200 and $100 respectively toward their wellness programs.
• The school name must be written on each child’s registration form or entered on each online registration to qualify for the funds.
Find out more:
Go to the event Facebook page Facebook.com/4WellnessSummerSeries and the event registration site at RunSignUp.com. More information may also be found on the Fort4Fitness website Fort4Fitness.org. Please direct race event questions to Mike Clendenen at (260) 749-2212 and school fundraising questions to Kerri Zurbuch at (260) 433-0024.
The new logo design will be used with different t-shirt colors for each of the four series races.
“Fort4Fitness was conceived to bring many of the great health and wellness activities taking place in this area under the same umbrella,” said Carrie Reeb, executive director, Fort4Fitness. “We’re pleased to lend our support and name for the first time this year to a growing program that’s focused on building positive habits for a lifetime.”
The other three events of the RediMed 4 Wellness Summer Series include: Canal Days 5K, Jury Park Kids Triathlon and New Haven 10K.
May 11 Elementary Mile
June 10 Canal Days 5K
July 15 Jury Park Kids Triathlon
July 29 New Haven 10K
RediMed opened in Lutheran Health Plaza at 1302 Minnich Rd. in 2014. Its New Haven site provides an urgent care clinic and Business Health Services for the delivery of occupational medicine. Learn more at RediMedClinics.com.